Theodore W. DeVoe
A Manager with broad knowledge of ISO9001:2000 Quality Standards, Six Sigma, Lean Kaizen principles, excellent written and oral communication skills. practicing good health and safety principals, and using strategic planning to reach goals and objectives. I am Customer oriented and results driven. Motivated, analytical, and creative in the utilization of management concepts. Adept at managing a variety of tasks and heavy schedules. Effective in creating a team that achieves timely results.
Foreman, Signal Construction g
- Oversee all aspects of new signal location construction such as:
Material requisitions, Site preparation, New installation of Houses, Wayside signals, Switch machines, Crossing gates and lights, Underground cable, and fiber optics.
Maintained a safe rules compliant work environment.
Continually trained subordinates to ensure a quality installation to meet customer needs. Directed the testing of all new installations to comply with FRA rules.
- Using Lean principals, I was able to cut Crossing installation times by 80+ hours saving the company thousands in labor cost.
- Kept Material cost down by cutting waist to a minimum. Re-used remaining materials on other projects.
- Grade Crossing Predictors GCP3000.4000, and HXP4
- Electro code 4, 4+ and 5
- Vital Harmon Logic Controller
- Electro Logix
- Phase Motion Detectors 2, 3 and 4
- Deenergized coded track systems
- NiCad Batteries and chargers
- Safetran S-40 and S-60 Gate Mechanisms
- US&S, Safetran and Alstom relays
- US&S T21, M22, and M23 Switch Machines
Signalman / Customer focus and Production officer
- Responsible for installing and wiring of Signal and Train control equipment.
- Rebuilding of Railroad train control relays
- Refurbishing of Railroad Switch Machines
- Closely monitor vendor designs and correct them when needed.
- Insure all work done meets CSXT Signal Standards, Shop Standards, and FRA rules.
- Wrote procedural policy’s and detailed instructions for relay remanufacturing, switch machine refurbishing, and signal and communications equipment installation.
- Worked with customers to insure their needs are met in a timely manner.
- Act as shop liaison for all CSXT yard projects
- Monitor production trends and forecast levels for future work.
- Work with CSXT Process Improvement team using Six Sigma and Lean Principles to get the Signal Shop ready for the influx of Positive Train Control work coming.
- Work with CSXT Standards department to improve signal case layout and various tools and equipment to improve Quality, safety, reliability, and production.
- United States Navy - Advanced Electronics with a Top-Secret clearance 1985-1988
- CSXT R.E.D.I. Atlanta, Ga. Annual FRA On-Track Worker, Engr. Safety Certification, Defensive Driving, Ethics, Environmental Certification, Rail Security Awareness, and Operating Rules– 1998-2017
- Six Sigma and Lean in the Organization
- Design for Six Sigma in the Organization
- Processes and Customer Analysis in Six Sigma Projects
- Basics of Six Sigma Projects and Teams
- Tools for Planning and Managing Six Sigma Project Opportunities
- Using Six Sigma Analysis Tools and Metrics for Project Decisions
- Modeling and Analyzing Processes in Six Sigma
- Strategic Management – Planning
- 5S Training
- ISO Auditor Training