Chicago Transit Authority
Responsible for the Safety planning of capital programs, implementation of major projects to improve CTA’s rail, bridge, tunnel infrastructure and oversight of capital projects.
- Lead the CTA in reducing employee and contractor injuries by 33% in less than 6 months. This resulted in 2 million dollars saved by reducing insurance premiums and workman comp claims reduction.
- Collaborated with Rail Operations, Rail Safety, Construction Operations and Learning and Support to create Targeted Specific training for employees and contractors working on CTA property. This resulted in a 27 % reduction in claims against the Authority.
Chicago Transit Authority
Supervised and lead a team of 40 Transit Safety Officers to comply with Federal and State regulations (FTA, RTA, IDOT). Formalized Hazard Register Log and expanded communication with internal and external departments to push Safety mission forward in pursuit of a proactive approach to reducing accidents and injuries. Operated under Lean Principles and saved $200,000 of annual budget
- Primary liaison between the President’s office and all other departments to ensure interdepartmental cooperation resulting in new processes for managing risk.
- Engaged our Union counterparts to collaboratively reduce employee injuries on duty and promote safety campaigns. This resulted in a better ride experience for customers and stakeholders.
U.S. Department of Labor - OSHA
National policy advisor providing the office of the Undersecretary of Labor practical solutions in sustainability, compliance, management systems and liability management. Planned and developed short- and long-range directorate goals concerning voluntary programs in support of the agency’s mission and strategic plan. Planned and implemented the administrative management of resources required to fulfill agency-wide safety compliance and integration requirements.
- Identified employee concerns at area offices and developed system of communication for support.
- Designed multilingual courses in hazard identification resulting in 15% less citations in Region 1.
Southland Inc., Bethesda, MD
Regional Risk Director
Oversaw Risk Management for Eastern / South West Regions for a $900 million Construction and Mining Company. Contributed to an insurance modifier of .9 one year after being hired and inheriting a 1.6.
- Collaboratively lead proposal presentations in negotiations with clients leading to a 123$ million back log of work.
- Developed strategy and training that streamlined consulting services operations, established processes to support hyper-growth, and ensured high levels of customer satisfaction.
Bechtel, Washington, D.C.
Training Manager / Business Development
Launched and managed implementation of risk matrix program for multiple Global Business Units throughout the company.
- Charged with managing 7 direct reports and responsible for providing training to more than 4000 people on a USD 3.6 billion dollar job.
- Created an EHS course curriculum of more than 30 different courses, which were taught on a daily basis over a period of 3 years in multiple languages.
Clark Construction, Washington D.C.
Managed different aspects of construction on multitude projects ranging from a 180 unit condominium to Baltimore Hospital Expansion, the underground transport walk way at Dulles Airport.
- Effectively managed numerous contractor trades with a 90% adherence to schedule.
- Managed all budgets effectively and efficiently to prevent cost over-runs resulting in 250$ K saved.
EnviroSolutions, Falls Church, VA
Regional Training Manager
Managed and conducted Environmental and Hazard training for 400 employees across 5 states to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Reduced serious injuries from 14 to two in first year by targeting non-English speaking workforce
- Created a visible management presence by staggering schedules of direct reports to cover night shift hours, resulting in an overall 35% reduction in overall injuries.
U.S. Air Force
Chief of Construction Management
Supervised ten military and civilian construction inspectors responsible for over $200 million in construction throughout the base. Orchestrated contract award and construction activities including site visits, design reviews, daily inspections and reporting, scheduling and final acceptance.
- Managed $5.8 million of airfield repair projects and delivered project 50 days ahead of schedule.
- Designed and managed new munitions facility in combat zone for 50% more storage capacity.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Bachelor of Science Engineering,
Bachelor of Liberal Arts