Metropolitan Transit Authority Criticality Assessment Project
- Phase 1: Criticality Assessment Context
- Identified criticality metrics that related to NYCT business objectives and risks. This criticality metrics accounted for risks and associated costs, including cost of failures, cost of recoveries, lost opportunity costs, business cost and penalties of stoppages locally and globally across the whole NYCT network.
- Phase 2: Configuration of the Base Methodology to NYCT
- Configured the base methodology to classify NYCT assets in terms of their hierarchy, criticality and risk. This included the identification of significant endogenous and exogenous factors and attributes that contributed to asset criticality. Both qualitative and quantitative factors were included in the recommended approach to risk analysis.
- Interdependencies and interactions between assets and asset systems were emphasized in the configured methodology. A systemic process was outlined to define and formulate business and operational risks and quantify these according to the metrics developed above.